Chakrasana is also called as Urdva Dhanurasana which is yoga or asana. Famously known as the wheel pose, Chakrasana is performed by bending your back where you have to keep your face in an upward direction. When the pose is complete, it looks like a wheel and the yoga is said to give the best flexibility to the yoga practitioners.
It is also labelled as a back bridge in various gymnastic and acrobatic routine. It is better to practice this pose in the morning in an empty stomach, and you will feel more energized. Simultaneously, you can do it in the evening time and enjoy your comfortable yoga schedule. Once, you are comfortable with the pose you can continue with the pose for a fixed time.
Steps for performing Chakrasana :
There are various Steps to Do Chakrasana:
- You have to go flat on the ground or floor. Bend your knees in such a way that your soles and feet are much closer to each other.
- Your hands must be behind your shoulders and make sure your fingers are opened and check whether it is directly pointing towards your shoulder or not.
- If you are feeling comfortable with the pose, then you just have to balance your weight with the help of limbs. Slightly press your palms and feet and try to lift your body away from the mat.
- Now you have to breathe comfortably. Take deep and slow breathes.
- You need to hold the position for five long minutes comfortably. Then slowly you can release the entire pose by bending the knees and legs slowly to the ground. Lower the back gently to the floor. When you are done, you can lie down on the floor and continue with other workouts.
You can set out to Rishikesh Yog Mandir to enjoy your yoga teacher training in Rishikesh. Take the proper guidance and assistance from the fitness experts to carry on with your fitness schedule.
Benefits of performing Chakrasana
The asana is very beneficial for your cardiovascular, nervous, respiratory, glandular systems, and digestive. It also influences the hormonal secretions and gives you relief from several gynaecological disorders. Chakrasana (Wheel Pose) relieves stress and reduces depression. The asana makes you more energetic throughout your life and cures asthma, osteoporosis, and infertility. The main benefit of practising Chakrasana is that it lowers the back pain from your body. It is known to boost and stimulate your thyroid and pituitary glands.
Precautions to be taken while performing
- If your lower back is hurting or paining due to an extension, try to come out from the pose.
- Do not try to perform this pose if you are suffering from a severe headache or high blood pressure.
- You must do this asana as per your body needs, and you have to stop this yoga if you have shoulder impingement.
- It is a great idea to avoid this yoga if you have pain in your wrists or facing carpal tunnel syndrome.
Stick to the above blog to enjoy all the Benefits of Chakrasana (Wheel Pose) which can boost you with positive intuitions. The continuous workouts can improve your health and will restrict you from getting acquainted with several diseases.
Also read : What is Sarvangasana yoga and its benefits